BLOG ABOUT SHOP EVENTS PRESS ARCHIVES CONTACT

Pie*ography Thursday { II }

March 7, 2013 --- 9 Comments

pieogprahy button 3

{ Every Thursday I’ll be featuring a pie from the new book Pie*ography,
for which I was the baker + stylist.  Traci Thorson was the photographer.
All pictures in this post were taken by Traci.  }

{ a n y o n e    is able to join …. what pie are y o u?  }

today’s pie:  sweet potato pie
who’s pie is it?  Vanessa Brantley-Newton

#1-Brantley-Newton04-L

#1-Brantley-Newton03-L

another 4 star pie!  Truth be told, this was my first experience making and eating a sweet potato pie, but it most certainly will not be the last!!

It was so good

rustic and buttery sweet

#1-Brantley-Newton05-L

this cast iron skillet I treasure, was a perfect fit for Vanessa’s pie

I pulled out my finest serving china, dainty and ladylike, and I loved it with the rustic cast iron skillet…a favorite wicker serving tray was my tip to the south and their hospitality…it was like I was having a group of my closest friends from Church over to enjoy this pie…while we caught up on eachother’s life

isn’t that what pie does?  I sure think so…it brings people together

this pie lasted for about 4 hours I think…eaten with fresh whipped cream and the pie still warm a bit from the oven…so good and super easy

thank you Venessa for coming into my kitchen and showing me a thing or two about sweet potato pie

xo + sweet blessings,
Anne Marie

by the way!  Jo Packham and I will be doing a giveaway here soon…..I will let you know the details soon!!

SO WHAT PIE ARE YOU?

9 Comments

1. Elizabeth Stewart   March 7, 2013 10:29 am / Reply

My Pieography book came from Amazon yesterday. I stayed up past midnight reading it’s lovely pages. My favorite photo is that picture of you in your long denim skirt and apron making your chicken pot pie…so lovely!

2. Bonnie   March 7, 2013 12:46 pm / Reply

Yay! I missed posting last week, and was thrilled (once the coffee kicked in this morning. ahem) when I remembered today was Thursday! I’m so glad you’re doing this Anne Marie, I’ve been looking forward to it!

3. mary   March 7, 2013 3:14 pm / Reply

Hi….I really enjoy this blog but I missed how to get the recipes. I couldn’t find the one pictured yesterday or today.

• Anne Marie   March 7, 2013 3:57 pm / Reply

Hi Mary – I cannot disclose the recipes for the pies I featured, for they are in the new book Pie*ography. Available at book stores, Barnes and Nobles, and Amazon.
      I am featuring all the pies I baked and styled for that book…it’s a great book and tested and approved recipes.
      You can however, go to the links others have provided and try there recipes right away.

4. Candy C.   March 7, 2013 3:32 pm / Reply

Hi Anne Marie! I left a comment this morning when I linked up but I don’t see it. Am I lost in spam somewhere?
    Thanks for doing this. I ordered my book this morning and should get it next week. I’m really looking forward to it, I love this type of cookbook! :)

5. Green Girl in Wisconsin   March 7, 2013 4:02 pm / Reply

Gorgeous! And yes, pie connects us like no other dessert can!

6. June   March 7, 2013 10:36 pm / Reply

Hi Anne Marie,
    I love sweet potato pie! Not only is it so-so-so good, but packed with so many nutrients that I feel so much less guilty about gorging myself on it : )
    many hugs,
    June

7. Vanessa Brantley-Newton   July 31, 2013 5:35 am / Reply

Hello Ann Marie! Imagine my wonderful surprise when I did a google search for my name and I saw my pie??? Oh my goodness how was this past right by me and I didn’t know about it. What a wonderful write up!! Thanks you so much for sharing. I LOVE Pie*graphy!! It’s about the best thing since sliced bread! You are amazing and totally love the way you styled everything! BEAUTIFUL!! We should do something over this pie. Thanks so much! Vanessa

8. salli swindell   July 31, 2013 6:57 am / Reply

hi anne marie! what a delight to discover this post! i’m off to follow you in all places that you post and share ; ). great job with the book!