BLOG ABOUT SHOP EVENTS PRESS ARCHIVES CONTACT

Pie*ography Thursday ( I )

February 28, 2013 --- 14 Comments

The snow was blowing sideways, I was still putting together the ‘backdrop’ for one of the pies, and Traci was driving in the snowstorm to photograph our first batch of pies.  The house smelled amazing…carrots that were cooked just right and a delicious nutty crust……this was our first pie of the project

4-Kirkpatrick02

Krys Kirkpatrick’s pie was amazing

creamy, delicious and actually one of my favorites…..

#4-Kirkpatrick03

a sweet rum whipped cream on top was the perfect touch…what beats freshly whipped cream with rum?

4-Kirkpatrick06

4-Kirkpatrick08

she’s an amazing artist to boot!  She won First Place in this Pieography contest and couldn’t be happier for her!!

I chose to print out a few of her drawings and attach them to some thin wire and placed them in some old bottles I collect for the background – a treasured French dishcloth, and an old wire cooling rack.

That creamy delicious taste of the pie will be had again for Easter here at the farm…cannot wait to have it again!

#4-Kirkpatrick09

{here’s a reminder of what to do}
- give the name of the pie
- the link to your blog post
-and the link back to me so others can see your life as a pie

Thanks for joining!

xo+ blessings,Anne Marie
{ all pictures by Traci Thorson Photography }  { to purchase Pie*ography – click on image on the  sidebar }
——————

——————

14 Comments

1. Traci   February 28, 2013 7:54 am / Reply

oh i can taste it now. the perfect way to start that journey with you.

2. Judy   February 28, 2013 8:43 am / Reply

I can’t wait to make this one!

• Anne Marie   February 28, 2013 10:15 am / Reply

Hi Judy – I am sorry about that, and think it is fixed now – would you mind trying again? thanks!!

3. Julia   February 28, 2013 9:09 am / Reply

Oh my goodness that looks so scrumptious! This is definitely on my to do list to bake!

~Julia

4. Judy   February 28, 2013 9:47 am / Reply

Hi Anne Marie, I’m trying to link up but can’t seem to…something about back link, anyway I’ve joined up here’s my link…http://www.dailyyarnsnmore.com/mid_life_bliss/2013/02/pie-ography-thursday.html

5. Julia   February 28, 2013 10:45 am / Reply

Hi Anne Marie….oh no, I think I am having the same problem :). I linked up and it says I am entered, but I don’t see anything yet! Sorry!

~Julia

Here is my link: http://theblissfullycontentlife.blogspot.com/2013/02/rustic-dutch-rosemary-asparagus-pie.html

• Anne Marie   February 28, 2013 10:47 am / Reply

Okay! Got it!! but for some reason you have to click on that link to see the pies ….

• Julia   February 28, 2013 10:52 am / Reply

Now I see it! Thanks Anne Marie :).

• Anne Marie   February 28, 2013 10:53 am / Reply

now it’s even better…..totally fixed it…….phew!

6. Holly   February 28, 2013 8:21 pm / Reply

Just got the notification that my book is in at the library…on my way! Can. Not. WAIT!!!!

7. Sherri B.   February 28, 2013 9:13 pm / Reply

Congratulations on the book, I can hardly wait to get it, iI will be using it to help me get over my fear of pie baking.

Pie*ography Thursday is such a great idea, it’s always fun to see what others share.

8. Keeping It Cozy   March 1, 2013 6:27 am / Reply

Anne Marie, I can’t wait to get the book! This pie looks delicious. It took me awhile to figure it out, but I think I know exactly what kind of pie I would be. I’ll have to join in the fun sometime soon! :-)

9. Lauren {Rustic Honey}   March 8, 2013 12:11 pm / Reply

Can’t wait to try this! Looks amazing!